Saturday, April 15, 2023

Updates on birdhouse ship project

I have been working on this cheap, broken birdhouse ship I started converting to a sailing ship a couple months ago. My last post, I left the project off looking like this:


Since then, I have added a second layer of paint, and began working on the sails. I cut the sails out of an old pillow case, dipped them in water mixed with glue, and use these little bag clips to hang them in place to dry.

Once the sails were dry, I took out my needle and thread again to tie down the bottom corners of the sails.

That all finished, I began painting the final details. I wrote the name of the ship on the stern in gold.



I cleaned up the red sections a little, and added black detailing in a few spots.



Pending further inspiration, I think this ship is done. As always, I'd love to hear your suggestions, ideas, and opinions.




No comments:

Post a Comment