Monday, May 15, 2023

Painting my cardboard ships

Hello all, I'm writing with more progress on my cardboard ships. Some of the first sloops I put together are finished. I painted them Yellow Ochre, which was a commonly used color on ships. Easy on us color blind guys, because it says it right on the paint tube. 


The ships came out a little crooked... something to work on.


Two of the smaller boats:



Photo with a 1/72 miniature for scale:


And some more photos of the smaller ships and boats I've built and painted so far:





Finally, I've almost completed the paint job on my "snow ship." I need to clean up the blue lines a little and paint the name on the stern.


I imagine it as a French ship, and am still trying to come up with a name. Le Neige? Maybe thats too obvious. A white bird? Le Pigeon? La Grue? Le Cygne? La Cigogne? I have until the paint dries to figure it out.


More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment